REMINDER: From Emterra all loose trash must be bagged.
We have a DROP BOX located on the south side of our township hall. Water bills can be paid on line or you can use the drop box. Any forms you may need are available under the department.
Our office LOBBY is closed BUT we can conduct business via email, leave a voice mail or use the dropbox.
East China Water Plant will still be open to the public, In an effort to keep employees well they are not charging for water; however you must call ahead if you need bulk (larger then 25 gallon container) to notify them you are coming and they will turn the pump on. When you are finished filling wave to them and they will turn the pump back off.
SCC Council on Aging - For Seniors needing assistance (810) 987-8811. Information for Meals on Wheels (810)982-4400 & Transportation for Seniors (810) 984-4200
BURN PERMITS: Most Burn Permits Suspended across Michigan due to the COVID-19. Residents are encouraged to check Michigan.gov/burnpermit to see when restrictions are lifted.
Charter Township of China
4560 Indian Trail
China, MI 48054
(810) 765-1145 Fax: (810) 765-4080
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARCH 17, 2020
The Charter Township of China is planning for the potential community transmission of COVID-19 and is taking the necessary precautions to protect our residents and staff to slow the transmission of the virus. The following actions are being taken as a precaution:
- Our lobby will be closed to the public until further notice.
- All business can be conducted through mail, phone, email or online at www.chinatwp.net.
- The drop box can be utilized for payments, permits being dropped off or any forms or paperwork.
- Any upcoming events are being postponed until further notice including the following:
- Children’s Easter Egg Hunt
- King Road SAD Informational Meeting
- ZBA Public Hearing
- Senior Lunches
- Tree give-away
- Park Cleanup
- Hall Rentals
- All non-essential business should be postponed until further notice.
- Non-essential meetings such as Zoning Board of Appeals, Planning Commission and Parks and Recreational Advisory Committee will be postponed until further notice.
- In the event that there is a Regular Board Meeting, residents can mail or email any public comments which will be read at the meeting.
- Any other business that cannot be handled in the above manner, please call the township to make an appointment.
Linda Schweihofer, Supervisor / Deanna Moran, Clerk / Julia Rust, Treasurer
Trustees: Alana Cook, Edward Neiman, Valerie Schweihofer, John Golan
You can find information regarding properties in China Township by clicking the red button:
Look up information regarding your property, including taxes and water bill balances. You can also pay your bills online by clicking on the big red button!
Click the following link to see Ordinance 169 regarding cross connections: Ordinance 169
If you would like to see a Zoning Map of China Township,
please click zoning map 2019
The final Belle River Watershed Management Plan – all nine chapters – are now available online at www.sccwater.org. The Plan is available chapter by chapter, as well as the Executive Summary and the Log Jam Management Plan. If you have any questions please contact St. Clair County Health Department, Division of Environmental Health.